The previous version of this game was developed in the first four days of September 2007 and published on the Adobe AIR Marketplace on 9th of March 2008. Over the time, Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) has evolved, so the new version of Lines was the next logical step.
The current version took over two weeks of hard development, testing and correcting - thanks everyone who helped.
I have plans for implementing new features over the current version, which will make the game even nicer. What you have to do is to download, register and enjoy the current version.
Feel free to contact me if you have found a bug or you want to suggest a feature.
Version 2.0009062200 - Release notes
- player registration, used for various game features
- login player and remember the logged in player
- save and load game, for the current logged in player
- automatic saves game on game exit, if the user is logged in and remember me checkbox checked
- automatic game load on game start, if the user checked the box remember me on login
- better game engine, having path finder between two location - to help player easely see if a move is not possible.
- lines are checked in every direction and lines which share an element are allowed
- scoring engine modified as following : the minimum required elements will represent a line (one point added to the score).If the player has made a line with a bigger number of elements than the required one, to the score will be added the representing fragment of the extra elements. Example : if the minimum required if five and the line contains six elements, the score will be increased with 1.2
- server's high scores are downloaded only when a fresh score has been submited
- if the player is logged in, the game checks with the server if it is a high score
- high scores are saved locally for the current logged player